Baked Chicken does not have to be boring! These chicken breasts are colorful, moist and tender!
QUICK and EASY this chicken is deliciously seasoned and ready in just 30 minutes.
The secret is in pounding out the chicken to an even thickness.
It’s truly that simple!
Chicken breasts are typically thicker at one end. It’s this unevenness that causes the chicken to dry out while baking in the oven.
HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW TO GET STARTED:
- Use a HEAVY ROLLING PIN or MEAT MALLET and pound the chicken between two sheets of parchment paper
- Don’t skip the BROWN SUGAR as it provides a nice coating to protect against drying out and helps tenderize
- Use a MEAT THERMOMETER to check for an internal temperature of 165 degrees F
- Be sure to LET THE CHICKEN REST for 5 minutes under foil before serving
Also, this seasoning blend is NOT spicy but it is UNIQUE.
I recommend serving this along side roasted asparagus or some other tasty vegetable.
This dish is too easy not to become a part of your monthly dinner rotation.
- 4 SKINLESS BONELESS CHICKEN BREASTS
- 3 Tablespoons BROWN SUGAR
- 2 Teaspoons OLIVE OIL
- 1 Tablespoon CHILI POWDER
- 1 Teaspoon PARSLEY FLAKES
- 1 Teaspoon SALT
- ½ Teaspoon FRESH CRACKED PEPPER
- ½ Teaspoon CUMIN
- ½ Teaspoon ONION POWDER
- ½ Teaspoon GARLIC POWDER
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees
- Line baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick spray
- Pound chicken breasts between two sheets of parchment paper to even thickness
- PAT CHICKEN DRY WITH PAPER TOWEL ON BOTH SIDES BEFORE ADDING OIL AND SEASONING
- Coat both sides of chicken breasts with olive oil and set aside
- Combine brown sugar, chili powder, parsley flakes, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, salt and pepper into a small bowl use to cover both sides of the chicken breasts. Be sure to cover all areas
- Bake for 20 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F
- Remove from oven and cover with foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes
Keep in mind chicken breasts vary GREATLY in size.
Use chart below as a guide:
4 to 6 ounces bake for approx. 18 minutes
7 to 9 ounces bake for approx 20 minutes
over 9 ounces bake for approx 23 minutes