Mini Burgers Slider Recipe-GAME DAY
IT’S ALMOST GAME DAY!
Ahh Game Day sliders…I make these for all the die hard “White Castle” loving fans in the room and they NEVER disappoint!
There are several substitutions you can use if you are looking for something a bit more healthy (substitute turkey, eliminate MAYO ) but I truly LOVE the rich flavor that you get from using the seasoned ground beef mixed with the creamy MAYO.
One watch out I have for this recipe is I have noticed that it does NOT taste the same without the pickle. And NOT just any old pickle… I am talking your run of the mill jar of pickles that literally says “Hamburger Dill Fast Food Chips“. This sour, salty, tangy addition adds the much needed crunch to the sandwich and gives it that true “White Castle” taste!
You also want the filling to be PIPING HOT and the Hawaiian Sweet rolls to be super warm and soft. Finally just brush the tops of the buns with the butter/mustard/Worcestershire sauce to complete the sandwich. These small additions really make the difference in the overall taste!
Ok run to the store buy PICKLES and give this mini burgers slider recipe a try
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- ½ cup Mayo
- 2 cups of cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 (1.25 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 24 Hawaiian King Sweet Rolls
- HAMBURGER DILL PICKLE "FAST FOOD CHIPS"
- SAUCE FOR BUNS
- 3 tablespoons of butter melted
- 1 tablespoon of yellow mustard
- ¼ teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet along with the onion soup mix until it is no longer pink. Remove from heat and drain excess grease.
- Stir the mayonnaise and cheddar cheese into the ground beef mixture.
- Reheat filling in preheated oven at 350 degrees until the burger mixture is heated through.
- Reheat Hawaiian Sweet Rolls according to package instructions
- spoon hot hamburger filling into warm buns
- ADD PICKLES
- Top with the butter/mustard/Worcestershire sauce mix.
- SAUCE INSTRUCTIONS
- Mix melted butter with mustard and Worcestershire Sauce in bowl or pan
- Brush sauce on top of sandwich buns
LOOKING FOR MORE BURGER OR STEAK RECIPES…
Try THESE Burgers or THESE Steaks…