At long last I am happy to share this much loved family recipe for cheesecake. My mother has been making these MINI CHEESECAKES for as long as I can remember!
They are simple, tasty and you can even make them ahead and store these in the freezer. Every Christmas these are expected by her many grandchildren and are the first item to disappear off the table!
They are creamy and decadent with a fabulous sour cream topping.
If you make these please leave a comment and let me know!
Now your family can enjoy these too.
- 3 eight ounce packages of CREAM CHEESE, softened
- 1½ cups of SUGAR
- 5 EGGS
- 1 teaspoon VANILLA
- 3 tablespoons of LEMON JUICE (fresh)
- 16 ounce (2 cups) SOUR CREAM
- ⅔ cups SUGAR
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Beat together softened CREAM CHEESE , 1½ cups of SUGAR, 5 EGGS, 1 teaspoon VANILLA, 3 tablespoons LEMON JUICE on low for 1 minute then mix on medium for 3 minutes until smooth.
- Pour or spoon into cupcake lined baking cups and bake for 30 minutes. While cheesecakes are baking make sour cream topping.
- Remove cheesecakes from oven and top with sour cream mixture. Turn OFF oven and return to oven and let cheesecakes sit in oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and chill or freeze for later.