The GENTLE ART of BACON GREASE….
I can think of 25 good uses for rendered bacon fat TODAY!
It’s no secret if you have bacon lovers in your family you are accumulating bacon grease and the question is…
WHAT TO DO?
FEAR NOT! Visions of finding forgotten bacon grease stored in a mysterious old metal can under your kitchen sink need never keep you up at night.
You have questions. We have answers.
EQUIPMENT NEEDED: Glass Mason Jar, Sieve, Wide mouth canning funnel, coffee filter
- Cook a delicious batch of unflavored bacon slowly over low heat and let the rendered bacon fat cool until still a liquid but not solid
- Insert wide mouth canning funnel into the top of a mason jar
- Insert sieve into wide mouth canning funnel
- Insert coffee filter into fine mesh sieve
- Pour cooled but not yet solid “liquid gold” into jar
- Wait for the rendered fat to filter through and place lid on jar and refrigerate
This should keep for a very long time after being strained and refrigerated but I use mine within a month.
Looking for recipes to flavor with bacon? Try these below…