These EASY LAYERED BISCUITS are made with just 3 ingredients.
Start your morning with warm hot-out-of-the-oven flaky mile high biscuits.
ENJOY with JAM, HONEY or BUTTER! If you read this far and really want the recipe (leave a comment) ASK AND YOU SHALL RECEIVE (E. I am looking at YOU and I know you have a box grater!)
- 2½ cups all purpose White Lily self rising flour
- 1 stick of butter (frozen)
- 1 cup of well chilled buttermilk (or milk)
- Grate a frozen stick of butter on a box grater (large holes)
- whisk 2½ cups of all purpose White Lily Self Rising Flour into a bowl
- Gently toss grated frozen butter flakes into the bowl of flour using your hands until just combined
- Chill bowl of combined butter flakes/Flour dough in freezer for 10 minutes
- Take out the mixture and create a small well in the center of the dough and pour in 1 cup of chilled buttermilk into the center.
- Stir using a wooden spoon until the dough comes together and pulls away from the sides of the bowl (10 to 15 stirs)
- Turn out the combined dough onto a well floured surface. Flour surface and top of dough and rolling pin
- Using the rolling pin roll out into a rectangle shape
- Fold the two short ends together and rotate the dough to the right and re-roll out into another rectangle shape. Repeat this rolling and turning process 5 times in all ending with a rectangle shape that is about ½ inch thick on the last roll.
- Dip a biscuit cutter into flour and cut the biscuits out of the rolled out dough
- Lay parchment paper on your pan and position biscuits onto the pan with the sides touching
- Bake in the oven at 475 degrees for 15 minutes
- Brush tops with melted butter.