Everybody loves banana bread! It’s so easy to make and it’s gets those leftover banana’s right off the counter.
What’s even better? Double chocolate banana bread…because chocolate makes everything better.
When we found this recipe we just had to make it and let me tell you it was a major hit. Folks asked for seconds and thirds.
The ingredients picture below is for a DOUBLE BATCH because if we want any for ourselves we have to make extra…
Notice the pile of chocolate chips, the cocoa powder and the BUTTER! I know you want to grab a handful of those chocolate chips right now but don’t… you need them for the bread.
I have been making my banana bread recipe since 1984 (recipe to follow) and now I have added this chocolate version to the list.
Grab the leftover BROWN bananas (I KNOW you have some) and give this a try! I promise it will not last long at your house!
- ½ cup butter softened
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 medium banana's mashed (1 cup)
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I used dark)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a 9X5 loaf pan
- In a mixing bowl cream the butter and the sugars
- Mix in the egg, banana, sour cream and vanilla
- Slowly mix in the flour, cocoa powder and baking soda
- pour mixture into your baking pan
- Layer the top with chocolate chips
- Baked for 65-70 minutes OR until a toothpick or fork comes out clean. I used a dark metal pan.