Balsamic-Honey Oven Roasted Carrots…Simple, Colorful and EASY to make! I wish I would have made more roasted vegetables when my children were younger! Rainbow carrots are sweet and add a bit of sophistication to the dinner table.
These are not your everyday carrots…Look at the colors…Deep purple, bright yellow, white and orange.
These are so simple to make. I could roast vegetables every night (and should). You simply coat these with a mixture of olive oil, balsamic aged vinegar, and a bit of honey and then roast in the oven until tender.
The carrots will caramelize releasing a extra sweet flavor. Cooking times will vary based on individual ovens so you will need to keep a close watch on these and check for doneness!
We also roasted some potatoes to go with these as well and served the entire pan of roasted vegetables with chicken. There were no leftovers.
These are so easy you won’t regret making them.
- ½ pound RAINBOW CARROTS (4 or 5 carrots)
- 2 tablespoons EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 1 tablespoon HONEY
- 2 teaspoons BALSAMIC VINEGAR
- ½ teaspoon SEA SALT
- Ground Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Whisk together in a bowl olive oil, honey and vinegar.
- Coat all sides of individual carrots using a spoon and place on top of sheet pan covered with parchment paper
- Season tops of carrots with salt and freshly ground pepper
- Roast carrots in sheet pan for about 15 minutes then turn and toss
- Continue to roast carrots until tender and caramelized (mine took 45 minutes) but do not overcook.
- Transfer to a serving dish and you can drizzle with a bit more vinegar if you like.
- Serve hot