This CLASSIC CHEESECAKE recipe has outlived 80’s feathered hair, your favorite denim jacket, those button fly stonewashed jeans you always wore, members only jackets and penny loafers….nope wait…I still have my vintage penny loafers with the original penny and I am keeping them! No seriously I do.
Folks the 80’s were big and bold and beautiful and so is this cheesecake recipe. You need this recipe and here is why…It requires no water bath, no graham crackers and it’s truly no fail. 30 years folks and it’s really never let me down and my wife loves it.
I have simply not found another cheesecake recipe that is as easy as this one AND that tastes like AUTHENTIC New York Style Cheesecake.
It’s thick, rich and creamy. No worries on the crust because it’s made with a tiny bit of boxed cake mix.
Trust me, your gonna want this recipe and do you know why? Parties…
Oh yes…. you can pull this recipe right out of your back pocket every single time you want to invoke a tiny bit of dessert envy at the next casual party you attend.
What’s a little kitchen skill envy amongst family and friends?!? I once had someone in the office request this recipe as their retirement gift instead of a party. Of course they got both.
Let’s start with the ingredients…No surprises here…softened cream cheese, vanilla extract, eggs, lemon, boxed cake mix, oil, sugar and milk.
The crust mixture below…
The filling ready to pour into the crust lined pan.
Finally fresh out of the oven…..The center is semi firm and the sides have pulled slightly away from the pan.
- 1 Box of Yellow Cake Mix
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 packages of softened cream cheese (8 ounce packages)
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cup of milk
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- topping of your choice
- Set aside 1 cup of cake mix from box for filling
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- FOR CRUST
- In a bowl mix with fork the remaining cake mix from the box with 1 egg and vegetable oil to form Crust mixture.
- Press the crust mixture into the bottom of a spring form pan.
- FOR FILLING
- In the same bowl mix the 1 cup of cake mix, softened cream cheese, sugar and the remaining 3 eggs and mix at medium speed until smooth (about 2 minutes).
- When smooth add milk, vanilla and lemon juice and mix at low speed.
- Pour mixture into spring form pan containing crust.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes until center is semi-firm.